сряда, август 24

 

Treason and Conspiracy


I met a man in Parliament Square last week who said:


Treason is to conspire with a foreign power to wage war against another foreign power without the consent of Parliament.



From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Conspire \Con*spire"\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Conspired; p. pr. &
vb. n. Conspiring.] [F. conspirer, L. onspirare to blow
together, harmonize, agree, plot; con- + spirare to breathe,
blow. See Spirit.]
1. To make an agreement, esp. a secret agreement, to do some
act, as to commit treason or a crime, or to do some
unlawful deed; to plot together.

They conspired against [Joseph] to slay him. --Gen.
xxxvii. 18.

You have conspired against our royal person, Joined
with an enemy proclaimed. --Shak.

2. To concur to one end; to agree.

The press, the pulpit, and the stage Conspire to
censure and expose our age. --Roscommon.

Syn: To unite; concur; complot; confederate; league.



Lobster Blogster's conspiracy theory looks like this:

Click to see larger image

Comments:
I believe that the act of applying a stamp (thereby the Queen's head) upside down to a letter is also an act of treason.
Well, in England, anyway. And possibly anywhere else where she is on stamps...
 
Not quite sure where your source comes from there Abs, and the offence would seem to be a very minor one these days. I read that during the time of Elizabeth I almost any reference to the monarchy could have been deemed treasonable.

I put the post up because I was curious as to whether someone could point me to a source for the first quote I use. Whilst researching the definition of treason I found that almost any act which tried to change the constitution of Britain could be considered treasonable, particularily concerning the Bill of Rights. Its interesting to note that Prince of Wales might have fallen foul of the treason law if he had used Human Rights legislation to usurpe the ban on Royals being married via civil ceremonies.
 
Did you see that thing last night about the boy who trolled a chatroom until he managed to mind-warp one boy enough to get him to stab the first boy?
The lawyers had to wrangle for days to determine if and what crimes had been committed. Could Charles be treasonable against himself?
 
Ah yes, I see.
Sorry Lobster.
I got the info about the stamps from my Grandma as a small child and for some reason it stuck in my head...
 
I don't know the source for the first quote you used, but the way you've depicted it is dead on.

We all well remember Shrub saying "you're either with us or against us". He's the modern day Hitler in a sense, I think anyway.
 
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »
 
It is simply matchless :)
 
Публикуване на коментар

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?